Monday, October 20, 2008

Now That One Is Composed...

I know that for me, using a single word to review anything is completely out of the norm for me. Having said that, "wow" is not all I have to say after seeing The Queen this past Saturday evening.

One needed to collect oneself after one became overwhelmed.


She, the show and the evening was flawless. Smooth and slick. Non-stop energy and seamless set switch ups. I had an amazing time and the fanclub seats were great. Close enough to watch the entire show and with nothing blocking my view.



I don't know if it's the D-I-V-O-R-C-E, or not, but she seemed a little too determined to get it over with. I just didn't think she was having as much fun as she did during Confessions, and trust me, this crowd was giving. it. up. Maybe it's just me.

I wonder if she'll ever abandon her fascination with La Isla Bonita? I actually chose that moment to do something I've never done at a Madonna show. I went to the loo. Back just in time for her to finish and hear You Must Love Me, which was incredible! Otherwise, that whole Gypsy set bugged me a bit.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the Old School set and felt so GAY with all the Keith Haring artwork. Borderline was so much more awesome rockified than I thought it would be.

Her "request" moment was split with Express Yourself and Holiday. It was the most candid she had been all night and finally seemed like she was having a good time. Maybe it's because she got to bitch out some "sitters in the front."

I nearly lost my mind for the "Rave" section, too. Get Stupid was awesome and I think my American cousins would love to know that my fellow Canadians got super loud when Obama was on screen. I totally think I "did one" during Give It 2 Me and kinda died a little when there was no more after that.

Overall?

Wow. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was "all you thought it would be and more". Its nice to not be disappointed.

    Mark :-)

    ReplyDelete

you better make this good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin